ITIN Application appointment
Use the below form to book an appointment for the ITIN application only.
There are three different possible costs involved with the ITIN Applications.
- Service charges – This includes the certification of documents and ensuring the accuracy of application. Updated Schedule of Charges for ITIN Applications can be found here.
- Mailing charges – We are required to forward all the documents directly to the IRS. We use standard Canada post to forward documents at no extra charge up to 100 grams of package. If you want a trackable mail, we invoice you the actual charges. If you are approaching a filing deadline and there is a potential of penalty, please request for FedEx to receive the filing date.
- Tax preparation costs – If you want us to prepare the tax return, the charges are additional. Based on your income and filing requirements, we should be sending you a quote.
Important to Know before you request:
- CAA appointments (and tax preparation services) are prepaid. If you receive an appointment confirmation, an invoice will be sent to you as well and that must be paid in advance to secure the appointment date. Certifying Acceptance Agent reserves the right to refuse the processing of your documents if there is a reason to believe that the purpose of ITIN is other than the federal income tax as per the IRS rules. Where we have to refuse a service after the confirmation of appointment, we do not issue refunds as the services are time-based.
- 1040NR is required unless an exception applies. If you do not have a 1040NR or an exception is applicable to you, please do not request an appointment. Exceptions Table: If you do not have a U.S. Tax Return, 1040NR
- Please wait for your confirmation after submitting this appointment request. We may ask you some questions before confirming your appointment.
- The below request form must be accurately completed particularly the questions related to exceptions and the U.S. tax return.
- Due to the higher volume of requests due to the misinformation about the ITIN issuance, our system may mark the request as spam if the purpose of ITIN is other than federal income tax. Common situations where you do not have a U.S. tax return and still requesting appointment are:
- To apply for a credit card in the U.S. – We do not assist in any way with such requests. There might be other businesses who help with these matters.
- Providing the ITIN to Amazon, or you are working as an independent contractor with a U.S. business! (Tip: you may have to request an EIN instead, please request a quote and make sure to explain your reason.)
- You are trying to apply for a professional license from a regulatory authorities and those states require an ITIN. Get in touch with an immigration lawyer for your work authorization related questions. You can refer back to Form W7 instructions on the IRS website or the CAA services page for FAQs.
For No. 5 above, if you have an ITIN you may be able to use that for these purposes, however, you cannot apply for ITIN using these reasons. We do not provide consultations or advice on these matters in anyway.