The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has extended the deadline to file Individual income tax returns for 2020 in the U.S.
- The new deadline is now May 17, 2021 (the usual deadline is April 15 every year).
- Deadline is extended for both filing and payment of taxes, and applicable to individual taxpayers only.
- This includes the individuals who pay self-employment taxes as well.
- There is no extension to estimated tax payments for the first quarter of 2021. The deadline is still April 15, 2021.
- This is applicable for federal income tax returns only. State tax returns are not extended with this relief, taxpayers need to check extensions with their respective states.
- Last-minute tax changes for an exemption of $10,200 on jobless benefits.
Maroof HS CPA Professional Corporation offers a full scale of Cross border tax preparation services for both U.S. and Canada. We are also Certifying acceptance agent to apply for ITIN from Canada.
Get in touch with us!