Extended Tax Filing and Tax Payment Deadlines
- No filing extensions in Canada so far.
- U.S. tax deadline extended from April 15 to May 17, 2021.
2019 Update: income tax payment deadline has been further extended up to Sep 30, 2020. Also, there are no penalties on the late filing of income tax returns as long as filed before Sep 30, 2020.
- Personal Income tax filing deadline extension in Canada – June 01, 2020
- Personal Income tax payment deadline extension in Canada –
- Corporation income tax filing deadline June 01, 2020 (for otherwise due after 03/18/2020 and before 06/01/2020)
- Corporation income tax payment deadline (for otherwise due after 03/18/2020 and before 09/01/2020)
- HST/GST Payment deferral – which is due at the end of the first quarter – until June 2020
Filing income taxes during Covid-19
Covid-19 had brought life and businesses to a standstill in Ontario.
During the Stay-at-home orders in Ontario, we have limited in-person meetings to selected situations only.
Under the guidelines issued by the government, we are strictly maintaining physical distancing and have adapted to provide the same level of excellent service to our clients as before.
We have always been a technology-reliant firm and the transition to virtual or online services is seamless for us. Those who have worked with us before already know to smooth our tax preparation and advisory services are even without any physical meetings or interactions.
- We have limited physical meetings but increased face-to-face virtual interactions.
- All the authorization forms for Canada Revenue Agency are sent electronically to clients along with all the tax returns and deliverables.
- An Online, secure and convenient portal to interact with clients is available for all devices.
Increased tax support for our business clients
We understand the difficulties faced by small businesses in Canada due to an economic downturn. Federal and provincial governments are coming up with new support packages continuously. This is an evolving situation and we share all the latest news with our clients as soon as it becomes available.
Some of the tax support services for small businesses in Canada during Covid-19 from us include:
- Assistance to businesses with support programs as announced by the Federal government
- Special discounts for personal income tax services and corporate income tax services during Covid-19
- Filing of taxpayer relief forms for waiver of interest and penalties with Canada Revenue Agency
Small business relief during Covid-19: Benefits and other relief schemes announced by Canada
A series of measures have been announced by the Government of Canada to support small businesses.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Temporary & Emergency Wage Subsidy for Employers
- Interest-free, flexible and easily accessible loans
New Expanded Eligibility for CEBA
- Support for students and recent graduates impacted by COVID-19
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance for small business – Announced
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) – NEW
- Alternatives to CEBA – New
In addition to the above, there are changes that have been made to the existing benefits to provide relief to individuals which include; GST credit, Canada Child Benefit (CCB), and minimum withdrawal from RRIFs.
Resources for you!
Access the important resources related to COVID-19 as might be applicable to you. Get the answers to your common questions for CERB, Wage subsidy and other benefits. Join the discussion, ask questions and share your experience to help others as well.
We are a commercial organization and bring information to you about recent benefits and supports announced by the Government of Canada.
We are experiencing a high volume of inquiries of general nature related to CERB, Wage subsidies, or loan programs. Due to the limitation of our resources, we are not able to provide such assistance through email or phone. Our phone lines are generally attended by an operator who will not be able to answer your questions and only calls with commercial interest are transferred to tax experts. If you are not a client or looking for paid services, we seek your assistance to use our blog or social media resources to get information.
Contact us if you would like to file your personal income taxes, corporate income tax services, accounting and other business services.